You can now preorder my next book, How to Calm Your Mind! Here are the links to do so:
US: Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Audible
Canada: Indigo/Chapters, Amazon, Audible
UK/International: Waterstones, Amazon, Audible
The book will also be available at your local bookstore of choice!
I’m biased, but I think this is my best book yet. It’s also my most personal. A few years ago, I found myself searching for calm after falling deep into a period of anxiety and burnout. In How to Calm Your Mind, I share the practical lessons I learned from experts, experiments, and, most importantly, the research.
In the journey that became this book, I discovered something remarkable: Calm doesn’t just make us feel more relaxed and at ease. It’s also the missing piece that sustains our productivity efforts over time. Calm provides the mental capacity to do our best work—while leading us to a deep presence and a more meaningful life. In the book, I also argue that in an anxious world, the path to productivity runs straight through calm.
A few of my favorite ideas from the book include how:
- The analog and digital worlds affect calm and anxiety in very different ways;
- Our desire for dopamine can lead us to feel anxious and appreciate our everyday experiences less;
- The pursuit of productivity and accomplishment is more addictive than we think;
- There are countless sources of hidden stress buried in our day;
- A “stimulation fast” can rebalance our mind; and
- Busyness is as much a state of mind as it is a state of life.
I think you’re going to like this one! It comes out in a few months, but you can preorder it today.
Have a great week!