On this episode, we chat about task switching—how to get better at it, and the costs of switching tasks too often. Topics covered include:
- Why multitasking is so fun;
- How often we switch between tasks as we work;
- Attentional residue—what it is and how to minimize it;
- How task switching affects our working memory;
- How meditation clears our working memory;
- Our brain’s “novelty bias”;
- The multiple levels of multitasking;
- The reminders that come from our digital world.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Book: Joan, by Katherine Chen;
- Book: My Reading Adventures, by Anne Bogel.