On this episode, we chat about how to get into a state of flow, where we’re totally immersed in what we’re doing. Topics covered include:
- What a “flow state” is;
- The characteristics of a flow state;
- Shortcuts to help us get into a state of flow;
- How flow helps us perform better with creative tasks;
- When a flow state isn’t helpful;
- The “flow channel”;
- Why we shouldn’t always evaluate how we’re doing as we work;
- The steps for focusing on something, and how these can help us enter a flow state.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Book: Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience
- Book: How to Calm Your Mind
- Book: Attention Span: A Groundbreaking Way to Restore Balance, Happiness and Productivity
- Book: On Writing
- Article: The flow channel
You can listen (and subscribe) to the podcast below!