On this episode, we chat about how to more deliberately deal with email, to both think about it less, and make it a less stressful element of your day. Topics covered include:
- How much we should think about email in the first place
- How to conduct “email sprints”
- The two types of work that we all do
- How to better organize your email messages
- Creating different “email environments”
- The “Five-Sentence Rule” for answering email
- The intention-interpretation gap with communication
- How to take an email vacation
- How to shrink time on email through disconnected hours and pre-defined boundaries
- Creating the illusion of responsiveness
Link mentioned in this episode:
- IBM Study: Am I wasting my time organizing email?
You can listen (and subscribe) to the podcast below!