Estimated Reading Time: 48 seconds.
Productivity tips and hacks are useful, but most of them are useless if you’re not honest with yourself. That might sound a bit hippie-dippy, but it’s not.
- Is your to-do list doable, or do you keep putting things off to another day?
- Do you make goals or new years resolutions that are too ambitious and give up a few weeks in, instead of setting more realistic goals from the start?
- Do you hit the snooze button 5 times every morning instead of setting an alarm for when you actually will get up?
- Do you ignore your body when it tells you that it’s full?
- Do you ignore your mind when it tells you it’s overworked?
- Do you spend several hours in front of the TV, and then try to forget about where your time went?
Something I’ve found lately is that self-honesty is invaluable when it comes to becoming more productive. Productivity shouldn’t be ruthless, and it’s okay to tell yourself when (and why) you succeed and fail.